Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What I’m reading and/or Watching

I picked up a few books at the shop last week…I was hoping to pick up some stuff this week as well but nothing new caught my eye.

Goon #20. Honestly, I go on about this book so much it’s getting creepy… this book is the cat’s pajamas.

BPRD 1946 #1: I’ve been picking up BPRD off and on for a while now. Amazingly, I’ve never read an actual Hellboy Comic… I’ve got to get around to picking up a trade. Anyway, BPRD 1946 is drawn by my former Marvel Bullpen buddy Paul Azaseta… he’s an amazing artist who should be on a major full-time gig… check this one out if you can. He’s like Alex Maleev without the Photoshop. Which is a good thing.

JLA Classified #20. I picked this up on a whim just because it was draw by John Byrne and written by Roger Stern. I know people tend to like Byrne’s “old stuff”, but when I flipped through this one at the shop Superman and Wonder Woman were fighting a big ass monster. So I figured it couldn’t be all that bad. I gotta say, after reading it I was pleasantly surprised. It was a nice old-school story with a bunch of action. I’ll pick up the next issue.

And I picked up the Batman book I lettered. Just to show off. ☺

Stay tuned.
--Randy

5 comments:

Jared said...

I read that Hellboy will be getting the Archives treatment from Dark Horse this year. I too have never read any so maybe I'll finally give it a try.

RandolphG said...

Yeah, I really want to. I enjoy the BPRD stuff but mainly for the art... Guy Davis kicks ass and ya gotta support Tall Paul!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked our story, Randy.

-- Roger Stern

RandolphG said...

Thanks, Roger!

Swands said...

It's good to know I'm not the only clown saying "the cat's pajamas".